June 14, 2009

My Introduction to the Blogging World

As a 20-year-old college student interested in soccer at home and abroad, I figured it would be fun to start a blog as a means for me to convey and discuss my thoughts about this beautiful game. I used to lived in London (having gone to several games in England and in Europe), and I followed the English Premier League extensively while I was over there. My favorite club is Fulham who still today hold a very special place in my heart. Now that I'm back in the States, I continue to follow the game abroad with a new found interest for the development of the game here. I grew up in Seattle, and the expansion of the Major League Soccer to include a Seattle franchise opened my eyes to relatively new professional soccer league in the United States.

Surely the last thing the world needs is another soccer blog, and I feel like I'm joining the blog scene about two years too late. I hope, however, to stand apart from the rest in the focus of this blog. I intend to cover European soccer (with emphasis on the EPL) as well as relevant soccer news here in the States (like the men's national team), but maybe that'll just be a jumping off point for this blog. Who knows? I'll hopefully be experimenting with all different kinds of posts. We'll see what happens.

Soccer interest is rapidly growing in the United States through MLS and the influence and globalization of the European leagues. I'm starting this blog now because I feel people (specifically an American audience) need some sort of guide to this expanding sphere. There is so much to follow out there that it can all become incredibly confusing. I aim to try and help one with that. That doesn't mean a devoted fan would find this blog useless, either. If you're a soccer crazy like me, I want you to read this as well.

Consider this post my hello. I hope to attract some sort of an audience to my page, but I'm not silly enough to expect anything big. I just want to write about soccer. It's my passion and my love. I'm content with just sharing my knowledge of soccer with you, and I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Note: I hope to change the format of this page. But for now at least (until I figure out how this all works), I'm stuck with this template.

No comments:

Post a Comment