July 29, 2009

Zlatan and Eto'o Switch Clubs, Inter Milan better off

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Samuel Eto'o have switched clubs, to FC Barcelona and Inter Milan respectively. Zlatan scored 25 goals with Inter, leading Serie A while Eto'o scored 30 and finished second in La Liga.

When considering this move at first, it just seems the two clubs swapped their most prolific strikers so they each could have a change of scenery. They scored similar amounts of goals, and the two players are only a year apart in age.

And then you realize that Inter Milan will get 46 million on top of receiving Eto'o (or so I've heard, I haven't been able to confirm this. I apologize if this is completely wrong). I consider Eto'o to be the more prolific scorer of the two. He also scored six times last year for the title winners in the Champions League, Zlatan scored only once. I also think Eto'o is the better all around player. So why Inter is getting money in addition to the better player (in my opinion) is beyond me.

Also, I see that Manchester City have finally had the sense to invest in their defense. They bought Kolo Toure from Arsenal today for a cool 16 million pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment